Farming is a huge part of many Action RPGs and Path of Exile offers one of the most enjoyable farming experiences since Diablo 2. Whether you are farming for gear, unique items, currency or just for the fun of it PoE offers a challenging yet rewarding experience.
I created the Path of Exile Farming Guides series not long after launch when I realized I was getting hundreds of questions about the best zones to farm, how to earn currency and just how to progress as the game gets harder. I started off by covering the basic zones that everyone should know how to farm in order to progress and branched out into a bunch of different topics including some theory crafting on currency and unique item crafting.
What to Pick Up When Farming in Path of Exile
Before you even start looking for tips and zones to farm it’s a pretty good idea to know what you are actually farming for…
This video has been one of my most popular PoE videos with over 71,000 views at the time of writing. This is because this game has a pretty complex itemization and currency system and it’s not always clear as to what’s worth picking up.
‘Where to Farm’ Series – The Best Zones & How to Run Them
A good farming zone in PoE usually features most of the following traits:
- Fast to run from beginning to end points with few dead ends (more runs per hour = more loot and XP).
- Enemies with small amounts of elemental damage (so you don’t have to stack resistances).
- Enemies don’t have strong resistances themselves (so they can be killed quickly).
- Slow enemies that are easy to group up (larger groups are susceptible to AoE skills).
- A suitable zone/monster level (if you are overleveled you take XP and currency drop penalties).
With all of that in mind here are guides to some of the best zones in the game:
- The Ledge – Act 1
- Monkeys (The Forest) – Act 2
- Fellshrine Ruins – Act 2
- City of Sarn – Act 3
- The Docks – Act 3
- Lunaris Temple & Piety – Act 3
Unique Item Farming Guide & Tips
After plenty of questions on the topic I set out to learn as much as possible about the mechanics behind Unique item drops in PoE. I also talked to and studied a few players that were farming hundreds of uniques per day to learn how they did it. All of this information came together to create the following video:
Currency Orb Farming Guide & Tips
Very similarly to the above guide to Uniques I also created one for gathering currency! In my opinion it’s sometimes easier to just earn the currency to trade for the unique item you want instead of farming for it.
Progressing & Building Up Wealth
Although farming can be fun in it’s own right it’s more often a means by which to progress your character and to build up wealth. The following videos cover how clear content, gear up and get rich!
- How to Clear Act 2 Efficiently in Normal & Cruel Difficulty
- How to Level and Clear Content Quickly Solo (Fire Trap + Poison Arrow)
- How to Clear Act 1 Merciless
- How to Be a Better Player – Best Practices While Farming
If you have enjoyed any of my content please consider visiting my Supporter page to learn how you can help ZiggyD TV grow!